Big Book: Farmer Duck
this week we are looking at the sound ‘ar’ Activities for this sound along with our other sounds we have already taught can be found on Purple Mash and matching phonics books are on Bug Club. Also try to write words with this sound in them on your whiteboards and put them into sentences. E.g. farm, arm, barn, star, bark, park, farmer.
: this week's words are she, he, go, it and no. Practise writing these words each day. Can you think of a sentence that uses the words? For example: No she cannot go to the park. It is barking in the barn. Now write the sentence sounding out the words you don't know.
We would love to see them.
Number: This week we will continue to revise our number skills. You need to be able to recognise and write the numbers to 20, then 50 and then 100 as well as adding and subtracting. You will see activities for this on Purple Mash and Bug Club. Some of them you might have completed before but do them again as we need to make sure we can add and subtract for going to P3!
Find link below to White Rose Maths: click on Week 3 for activities to do this week. Watch the videos and then try the activities. The worksheet on the right can be printed or write answers on your whiteboard.
3D Shapes: We are going to continue to look at 3D shapes this week. Get someone at home to test you on the names of the shapes and their characteristics. Watch the YouTube video below again to help you. Pay attention to them as some are difficult as they are similar! In the 3D shapes the sides are called faces and the corners are called vertices. You need to be able to name each shape and know how many faces and vertices it has.
- try to make the shapes using straws along with blutac or tooth picks with marshmallows.
- If you have building blocks at home, can you make a picture using the shapes? can you describe the picture using the shapes?
- pick a shape and describe it to your mum. Can she work out which one you are thinking of? Swap and see if you can guess the shape!
- when out on your daily walk look for shapes and then you could draw them when you get home. We would love to see the different shapes you see!
Patterns: continue pattern work
- can you make a pattern using lego or blocks you have around the house?
- can you make a 2 colour pattern? now can you make a 3 colour pattern?
- can you make a shape pattern?
- what else can you find around the house or outside to arrange into a pattern? cutlery? leaves? teddies?
- design a flag and colour it using a pattern. Send us a picture of your finished flag.
We can't wait to see all your patterns!