Big Book: The Tortoise and The Hare
this week we are looking at the sound ‘er’. Activities for this sound along with our other sounds we have already taught can be found on Purple Mash and matching phonics books are on Bug Club. Also try to write words with this sound in them on your whiteboards and put them into sentences. E.g. her, germ, here, hero, ever, zero, term.
: this week's words are a, am, at, and, is and on. Practise writing these words each day. Can you think of a sentence that uses the words? For example: I am playing on Purple Mash. Ryan is at the park with mum and dad. Now write the sentence sounding out the words you don't know.
We would love to see them.
Number: This week we will continue to revise our number skills. You need to be able to recognise and write the numbers to 20, then 50 and then 100 as well as adding and subtracting. You will see activities for this on Purple Mash and Bug Club. Some of them you might have completed before but do them again as we need to make sure we can add and subtract for going to P3!
2D Shapes: We are also going to look at 2D shapes this week. Watch the YouTube video below to make sure you know the names of the shapes. Pay attention to the Pentagon and the Hexagon! You need to be able to name each shape and know how many sides it has.
- try to make the shapes using straws or crayons at home.
- make the shapes by cutting up an old cereal box and decorate them
- can you make a picture using the shapes? can you describe the picture using the shapes?
- pick a shape and describe it to your mum. Can she work out which one you have? Swap and see if you can guess the shape!
- when out on your daily walk look for shapes and then you could draw them when you get home. We would love to see the different shapes you see!
- can you make a pattern using lego or blocks you have around the house?
- can you make a 2 colour pattern? now can you make a 3 colour pattern?
- can you make a shape pattern?
- what else can you find around the house or outside to arrange into a pattern? cutlery? leaves? teddies?
- design a flag and colour it using a pattern. Send us a picture of your finished flag.
We can't wait to see all your patterns!
Just For Fun
Tuesday 12th May is International Nurses Day. We thought it would be nice to make a card thanking our nurses for their amazing work every day. Take a picture of your card and send it to your teacher and we will put them on Facebook on Tuesday as a celebration. I know I'm making one!
Look at the Power Point below about nurses.